Chalk another one up to my craft corner. From the girl who brought you homemade mulling spices at Christmas – this time it was hand crafted Valentines using vintage food artwork.
When I was little my grandma made me two framed collages for my room using her vintage valentines from grade school. I loved looking at them and have ever since longed for a day that those came back into style.
This year I decided to do it myself and craft some from art I found on the net. The project seemed easy enough – I only used printed out valentine artwork I found online – card stock, glitter and envelopes I already had on hand. But after cutting those little suckers out three separate times, I was over it. AND that was before I unintentionally glittered my entire house. (check out the photo of me pressing them between gluings between cookbooks and a 9×12 glass casserole dish- fancy!).
I also couldn’t help but think of ANYTHING but the creepy principal in Billy Madison who hand crafted Billy that enormous Valentine while i made them – which I did like.
So, no – I will not be opening a hand crafted valentine store – BUT I hope that they brought a smile to the faces of the recipients.
Since it’s hard to tell in the pics – here are a few of the retro fabulous foodie sayings that were on the cards:
- Hot Dog! I’d relish having a Valentine like you!
- I’m going to “Pop” a “Corny” question… will you be my Valentine?
- Please do-nut say “no” – Be my Valentine.
- “Soda” you want to be my Valentine? I love you!
- You suit me to a Tea Valentine
- Maybe I’m just a “small fry” but I’m a “good egg” with a “heart of gold” Be my Valentine
- Gosh Valentine don’t you like me just a “weenie” bit?
Which one is your fav?